Saturday 6 July 2013

Update: Camp Nanowrimo

This cool widget was created by writertopia

After writing about Camp Nanowrimo before it had actually started, here's an update on how I've got on so far. My goal is to reach 50,000 words, the deadline being the last day of July. So far, I've managed to write every day, and my story is developing nicely. Yesterday, I finally crossed the 10,000 words line. To win (i.e. finish the novel on time) I need to write exactly 1,527 words a day, which is considerably less than I've written during the last few days. If everything goes as planned, I might actually finish early, which would of course be great.
I've just started chapter 2 of my fantasy novel, and the story is getting more and more dramatic. Yesterday, I almost pitied my main character for all the bad things she had to go through, but, as they say, it might only make her stronger.

I've installed a word count widget on the right side of this blog and will update it daily.

If you are curious and want to read an excerpt of the novel, just post a comment here or contact me via one of the networks shown in the tabs bar above.

Also, if you know are interested in designing a cover for the finished novel, take a look at this blog entry.

2 comments:

  1. I'm proud of you "little" sister! I know it will be a lot of fun to read this and I promise I'll read it (sogar auf Englisch^^)! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'll send you the first 4 chapters soon!

      Delete

Thank you very much for your comment!